Vintage Hollywood glamour - a look that started with the spring runway shows is super hot for fall - red lips, black liquid liner, and soft wavy hair. The exact look embraced by the models I love to paint. Sephora’s fall beauty catalog has all the goods, and if you go online they even have videos showing you how to get the look. Put you hair in curlers girls - it’s time to get the glam on!
I’m so happy that I was invited to attend and show my work at Harvest 07 in Atlanta, GA this October! This show is an invitation only event for artists, and some of my favorite artists and photographers will also be in attendance. What an awesome opportunity! According to the website, “Harvest is the brainchild of digital artist Bill Reichardt (a.k.a. tsubasa) and Pinup/Fetish photographer Timothy Dolph. In conjunction with the Erotic Signature (www.eroticsignature.com), Harvest’s mission is to procure the best in erotic expression in a presentation that will prove to be the Southeastern United States’ preeminent erotic art show.” Advance sale tickets are now available through the Harvest 2007 website.
check this out! one of my favorite pinups will appear in person at Vintage Inspired (27762 Vista Del Lago, Suite A4, Mission Viejo, Ca. 92692, tel. 949-472-8231 for directions, no RSVP required) this Saturday, August 18th. from 6-11 pm. Live entertainment, a 40’s inspired buffet, Ace Energy Drink, and Sabina signing autographs - what more could you ask for?
read more on Sabina’s myspace blog
During the month of August, a number of my pinups are being exhibited as part of the Crazy 8’s group show at the Altered Esthetics gallery in Minneapoils, MN. The gallery has framed giclee prints, original sketches, and single prints and postcards available for purchase.
There has been so much going on with the pin-up models I’ve worked with that I can hardly keep up! Here’s a quick summary:
- Heidi Van Horne (model for “Salute the Troops”) just finished filming an Indie film in New Orleans which you can read about on her myspace blog. She also has a new behind the lens venture titled HVH Photo
- In her myspace blog, Sabina Kelley (model for “My Angel is a Pin-Up Girl”, “Casting Call”, and “Oh, Cherry Pie!”) tells how she has just done her second photo shoot with world famous photographer David LaChapelle and shot a segment for the new tv series LA Ink with Kat Von D!
- Dolly Esquire (model for “Red Doll”) just returned from a noir style shoot in Texas with Gayla of 666 Photography (the photographer behind my “Hood Ornament” painting)
- Kim Falcon (”Fishnet Stockings”) is the “Rod & Kulture Girl” found on pg. 9 of the summer 2007 issue of Rod & Kulture magazine
- not to be outdone, model Texas Tara (”Hood Ornament”) is the featured gal on the homepage for the Roswell, GA restaurant Ethyl’s Diner
- Cherry Dollface (”Semper Fi”) has been busy doing runway shows, print ads, and continues to support her marines by sending gift packages!
- and last but not least, Veronika Kotlajic (”Black Satin”) is featured on the cover of the current issue of Heavy Metal magazine as the model for the painting by artist Michael Caladra - proving once again that she is the “Perfect Muse“
Needless to say, I am way proud of these ladies and all that they accomplish. They are such amazing models of how a woman can be feminine, creative, and businesslike - and they do it all with such style and class!